Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I miss the MOST

I am alright with the post baby body, the fact that I don't get much sleep anymore and that my shower is like 30 seconds long but what I miss the most is getting things done. Who would have thought that it would take me ALL DAY to finish collecting the trash and getting it to the dumpster or that unloading the dish washer would take 3 hours or that the vacuum could sit in the hall way for a day and I still didn't get it done. Who would have thought it - well anyone who has kids. The simplest of tasks takes hours and days to complete. Andrew and I wonder if we will ever get projects done at the house again. Like the post beofre this, it took me almost an hour to get it up.

Another thing that I miss terribly is reading - i will figure out how to have a Logan and enjoy a good book - I am determined to!

4 comments:

joni said...

I read while I am holding Andrew after he falls asleep or at midnight when everything else is done! Maybe one of those will work for you! Don't worry about getting stuff done. it is Wednesday and I just finished my do list from last week!

betty said...

I always tell Jessica that her job for now is to take care of the kids. As long as that gets done...everything else can wait! He won't be a baby nearly long enough!

Ron and Mary Brunner said...

He'll be big before you know it. Playing soccer and T-ball, racing around with friends. What a precious time this is. Somehow the important stuff still will get done. You will become very skilled at multi-tasking. Just look at Joni and Jessica and Becky and Katherine. He is adorable!

Becky said...

Welcome to motherhood. Everything forever changes! However, it is the best change. There will forever be books and laundry and vacuuming... but that precious baby will only be little today. I cant believe my baby is 4. He is darling! Congratulations!!

We thought we had a busy life with two fulltime jobs, a work in progress house and a very SPECIAL K-9 ... but we're coming to discover that life is going to get CRAZY .... Parenthood here we are...chicka chicka yeeaahh!! are we doing it right???